The heavyweight title is on the line this Saturday night in Las Vegas in what is expected to be a thrilling rematch
The latest PPV offering from UFC is just days away now with the heavyweight title on the line. UFC 260 is set to go down on Saturday from the Apex facility in Las Vegas with champion Stipe Miocic putting his strap on the line against top contender Francis Ngannou in a rematch three years in the making.
Ngannou previously lost a January 2018 bout with Miocic for the belt, but he has since punched his way back to a title shot with a four-fight winning streak that’s seen him knock out all four opponents. No man in that stretch lasted more than 71 seconds before being taken out by the heavy strikes of Ngannou.
Miocic is coming off back-to-back wins over Daniel Cormier after having dropped the title to Cormier in July 2018. Now reestablished as arguably the greatest heavyweight fighter in UFC history, Miocic will be looking to once again stifle the raging offense of the challenger.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news.
The card was also expected to see featherweight champ Alexander Volkanovski attempt to defend his title against top contender Brian Ortega. However, the bout has been postponed to a later date because Volkanovski tested positive for COVID-19 while in Las Vegas ahead about the fight. Volkanovski has defend his belt just once since earning it — a split decision over Max Holloway in a rematch last summer.
It’s not been officially announced, but the logical replacement for the co-main event would be former welterweight champ Tyron Woodley taking on Vicente Luque, which was slated to be a featured bout on the PPV. After a dominant run as champ at 170 pounds, Woodley has fallen on hard times with three straight losses. Luque, meanwhile, is soaring with a 7-1 record since 2018 and six of those ending in a finish.
UFC 260 fight card, odds
- Francis Ngannou -125 vs. Stipe Miocic (c) +105, heavyweight championship
- Vicente Luque -260 vs. Tyron Woodley +210, welterweight
- Sean O’Malley -300 vs. Thomas Almeida +240, bantamweight
- Khama Worthy -140 vs. Jamie Mullarkey +120, lightweight
- Hannah Goldy -120 vs. Jessica Penne +100, women’s strawweight
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov -220 vs. John Gooden +180, welterweight
- William Knight -110 vs. Alonzo Menifield -110, light heavyweight
- Miranda Maverick -170 vs. Gillian Robertson +145, women’s flyweight
- Marc-Andre Barriault -110 vs. Abu Azaitar -110, middleweight
- Michał Oleksiejczuk -150 vs. Modestas Bukauskas +125, light heavyweight
- Luana Pinheiro -200 vs. Randa Markos +170, women’s strawweight
UFC 260 info
- Date: March 27
- Location: UFC Apex — Las Vegas, Nevada
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ (Click to Watch Live)
UFC 260 countdown
- Campbell: Five biggest storylines to follow in Las Vegas
- Volkanovski vs. Ortega called off due to COVID-19 protocols
- Usman to corner Ngannou for rematch against Miocic